Awesomeness!

Friday, September 16, 2011

The Tortoise and the Hare

Does slow and steady really win the race? Does it seem at times that you are battling an up hill climb with people passing you on every side? SO DO I!
I get so frustrated when I stumble over tiny pebbles and the guy next to me is clearing his boulder in one leap. I think to myself, 'why are they so different then me? Why must I struggle when they can hurry over them and then sit in the shade and wait for the next one to come?' Like the Tortoise I feel as if I am carrying a load on my back that doesn't allow me to move as quick. Some times I just want to give up!
HOWEVER...through my deepest, darkest, steepest climb; when my brow is covered with endless sweat and my knees are scraped and dirty, I choose to look up and there is always a light. This light is different at different spots in the journey. The light for me can be the knowledge and wisdom that I find in the scriptures, or knowing that someone else has climbed this mountain before me and is waiting on the other side.
When I finally make it over my mountain and look back I will see this person that I was allowed to become because of the things that I struggled through. I will have muscles! Spiritual muscles that cannot be taken away. I will see those hares sitting in the shade and realize that they didn't leap over their boulders, they went around them. And they will have endless things to go around unless they look up, and take one step at a time. Because that is how we make it back to our Heavenly Father. That makes the 'slow and steady' part all worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment