Awesomeness!

Friday, December 16, 2011

God's Time

When we sync our watch with God's, we will always be on time.
In my life, I think quite a bit, that my time is God's time, when in fact I am the one that needs to be keeping my time with His. I want things now. But that is because my view is very limited.
A box of pasta says that you need to wait till the water boils. But I'm hungry now. So if I put my pan of water on the stove, but never let it boil, my macaroni is not going to taste very good. I went against the instructions to what I thought would be best, because I wanted it now. God needs time to work for our benefit, not His. He could give everything to us when we want it, but then we would get uncooked macaroni.
One of my favorite scriptures: D&C 50:40
'Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; Ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of truth.'
Another: Jacob 4:8
'Behold, great and marvelous are the works of the Lord. How unsearchable are the depths of the mysteries of him; and it is impossible that man should find out all his ways. And no man knoweth of his ways save it be revealed unto him; wherefore, brethren, despise not the revelations of God.'
I know that as I 'sync' my watch with the God's, things go a lot smoother, I am happier and that I never have to wait for the Lord cause I know that he will be on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment