Awesomeness!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Native American Blessings

For a very long time I have had the Native Americans on my mind. What are their traditions? Who are they really? What are the blessing that have been promised to them, and when are they going to receive them?
I was thinking about this last question today right before my personal study. I prayed to know the answer to this and then I started reading in Alma chapter 9 of the Book of Mormon.

 16 For there are many promises which are extended to the Lamanites; for it is because of the traditions of their fathers that caused them to remain in their state of ignorance; therefore the Lord will be merciful unto them and prolong their existence in the land.
17 And at some period of time they will be brought to believe in his word, and to know of the incorrectness of the traditions of their fathers; and many of them will be saved, for the Lord will be merciful unto all who call on his name.

I have prayed very hard since I have been here in Ronan to know how to help the Natives. I feel that it is a very important part of why I am here. I know that one day they will come to know Christ and His gospel again. I know that they are God's children and he loves them very much. I know that he is preparing for the day when they shall call on His name and He will hear them!

Sister Berry and I tracted into a Native man today. We knew that we had a small window of time where we could talk to him, so we got right to the point. We told him that the Book of Mormon is for him. That he is a son of God and that blessings were waiting for him. The Spirit was so strong.

I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ, and the day is soon at hand that the Native Americans will rise up to their potential and claim the eternal blessings that are theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment